Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I'm SO happy to finally have Flora Thompson's autobiographical novels..
Lark Rise (1939)
Over to Candleford (1941)
Candleford Green (1943)

 in e-book form! Meaning much easier book transportation system. AKA- always with me =)

I took this charming description from my local PBS website. They show the BBC adaptation every Thursday night...

"Flora Thompson's charming love letter to a vanished corner of rural England is brought to life in this warm-hearted adaptation.

Set in the Oxfordshire countryside in the 1880's, Lark Rise to Candleford depicts the last bright flickering of a now-vanished way of life, as Victorian England reaches into the 20th Century."

Books and a new bread machine, life is good!

I would love to hear if anyone else has or is enjoying this delightful series!

Blessing,
  Lilibet

No comments:

Post a Comment