Sunday, October 12, 2014

Never good with titles.

Blogging and reading blogs has given me some major encouragement, inspiration and the ability to connect with some amazing people.

I lost my Dad 10 days after his 60th birthday. He was one of the 40+ Veterans that died due to the disgusting mismanagement of the VA.
And this Daddy's girl (me) had to say goodbye to her Dad before he was able to meet any Grandchildren.
I lost the man that loved me more than the woman who gave birth to me. And who lost a fortune, house & everything to keep me safe and raise me.

Less than a month later...Grandpapa (and my Dad's namesake) went home in his sleep.
Each day since, my husband takes me aside and tells me.....
"This is the day the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it."
That SO helps me focus on what I have. What the Lord has given to me. And that I KNOW my Daddy and Grandpa are with him. I may hurt but they no longer do. And THAT is what matters. They are with the Lord, the utmost and perfect reward.

SO....to help further along the healing process... I'm back. Just to share my thoughts and things I think might inspire others.
Not sure that anyone cares.
But here I stand.
With open arms.
Need a friend or a shoulder?
I'm HERE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment